Thursday, January 1, 2009

first post

well, it's a new year... last night, during my third serving of alcohol, I had this idea about creating a blog.

Since I'm sober now, and I still don't think it's a bad idea, I've decided to go for it! :)

Anyhow, a bit about me and what I will/might be blogging about:

I'm a programmer at Amdocs, I knew that I wanted to program when I wrote my first program, many years ago back in school. It was a simle LOGO program, and all it did was to draw a few simple shapes on the screen.

I love using GNU/Linux, so I'll probably be posting most about my experiences with it. I've been using GNU/Linux since 1997, when a friend of mine helped me install Slackware on my 133MHz Pentium with 16MB of RAM!Link
A week later, I decided that I wanted to try installing it myself. That was when I started using Debian GNU/Linux. Since then, I've tried a few other distributions (Red Hat, Puppy, Mandriva, Gentoo, ... and probably others I don't remember), but I always came back to Debian. And then something wonderful happened... Ubuntu 5.04 - Haory Hedgehog was released! It was Debian-based, so I was right at home, and it felt simple, and looked really pretty! So I've been using it ever since :)

Ok, enough for my first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment